TP-Link TL-WR1043ND Wireless drops

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Armethyst
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey,
It's Atheros card i have on my laptop (what an ironic case..)
and when it hapens my iPhone and iPad also are unable to connect to the router, it only works with LAN cable (i've tried to take the laptop and connect it with a cable, and it worked even though the wireless didn't want to connect.

About the factory reset.
I've factory resetted the router before and after i upgraded it from 14896 to 14929, and it still didn't work. after a few hours had it crash. still gaining TX errors no RX errors though.
so i'm unsure what to do next. though, while waiting for your replay i followed the Atheros configuration manual on dd-wrt wiki, which involves the wireless "advanced" editing with all the tx gain and etc..
I don't know if it'll help, but for the time been i have like 103 errors since last night, and i'll come home today to see if it'll be disconnected again or last in streaming movie from an ethernet mybook world drive. Hopefully it will be resolved...

If you can tip me anything else it'll be great.
Current settings are:
NG-MIXED, turbo 40hz, wpa2 personal AES,channel auto(it set on 6),TX power is on 19dbm(according to the wifi info on router status page, although i set it on 20), and most of the settings on atheros as they are on the wiki page. (the only thing which isn't default is rts/cts enabled option.)

That's all. so yea.
Sponsor
pelle900
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 18:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well....

I have 2 Iphone4, various laptops (all with Intel WiFi card), Xerox WiFi Client box S100 and the neighbor with 2 laptops and Xerox S100 hooked up to my 1043 with the settings described above.

I never tried NG-Mixed but I remember I had problem with the 40Mhz settings in the beginning so I went down to 20.

363 TX errors in 4 days but the neighbor is very weak plus all the ones who try to connect to my network from a long distance so I understand where the errors come from and I am not worried for that number because it is crowded here.

Try to go down to 20MHZ and see what happens. I don't remember what happened on the 40Mhz setting but I remember it was not working properly.

As I said, i have not tweaked anything of the advanced settings. I just set the standard WiFi settings, Setup the PPTP VPN and do some NAT setup and that's it. No problems at all with the 14929 build.

The big question now might be if you have a broken unit or not. Did you try it for a longer period with the original firmware to see if it behave the same there?

/Pelle
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: