WRT54GL- Blinking Power LED. No ping after v24 & iptable

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
mattsn0w
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:39    Post subject: WRT54GL- Blinking Power LED. No ping after v24 & iptable Reply with quote
I have a WRT54GL that I had been running a v.24 beta from a couple months ago and all was great. I recently started getting a lot of spam comments in my image gallery on a website I host on my home DSL, so I decided to make use of iptables on the router and added about 45 iptable rules. I of course forgot about resetting after a firmware upgrade, and started adding more new rules to the firewall.
After adding the rules to both firewall, and startup they disappeared so I rebooted the router using the software reboot.

I was at work remotely doing this, and waited for it to come back up but never did.
I come home and find the power LED blinking and all WLAN/LAN LEDs solid. I tried the holding down the reset button for about 2 minutes. Nothing.
I powered it off held the reset button for about 30 seconds, still holding the reset button I plugged the power cable back in continuing to hold the reset button for another 30 seconds.

I also tried holding the reset for 30 seconds, applying power and releasing reset after a couple seconds. tried this about 10 times.

None of these methods worked, never any ping response.

Is this box bricked? I am just wondering if I should crack it open to short the circuits to see if that last chance method works.

Last edited by mattsn0w on Fri Jun 08, 2007 14:25; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
anectine17
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
There's no need for a "Poll" here. It's obvious from your description that you've bricked the router. Please, PLEASE don't use the lame-ass, archaic pin shorting "trick"!! It might recover your router, but chances are you'll ruin it for good. The proper way to recover it is via JTAG. If you can't or don't want to build or buy a JTAG cable (see my signature), I'll buy the router from you as is if you don't short the pins! Good luck!

Alden

Linksys E2000 w/15200 "Big"
Linksys WRT54G v.4
La Fonera 2100, fan-cooled
Linksys WRT54G v.3.1
Linksys WRT54G v.1.1
Linksys WRT54GS v.1
2x Linksys WRT54G v.2.2

Peacock Thread - READ THOROUGHLY
mattsn0w
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 14:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the info. I've been searching the board for info on de-bricking, repairing, or otherwise fixing my WRT54GL but the phpbb2 sucks or I am not using the correct key words.

I did find the JTAG pinouts here http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12053 but not for the WRT54G v1-3 or GL.

If you can point me at a how-to on making a JTAG cable for the WRT54GL and where to solder what wires I'll give it a shot. Otherwise PM me how much you'll give me for it and what address to send it to. Very Happy
WIldFIve
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Try these links:
http://www.ranvik.net/prosjekter-privat/jtag_for_wrt54g_og_wrt54gs/HairyDairyMaid_WRT54G_v22.pdf
http://wiki.openwrt.org/OpenWrtDocs/Customizing/Hardware/JTAG_Cable
http://downloads.openwrt.org/utils/

I used it to de-brick my WRT54GS v1.0.

Good Luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: